Sunday, 3 July 2011

Almost Ready to Host...

It is coming down to the crunch, and I honestly don’t know if we will make the dead line.  Our Adoption Practitioner hasn’t gotten back to us, as to whether or not she can do a home visit in time for the Ukraine Summer Vacation Program we’ve signed up for.  Her silence is complete torture, and I have to wonder if it is it too early to start biting my nails?

The paperwork for the Hosting program isn’t nearly as bad compared to the adoption paperwork, and it is sort of a nice lead up to everything.  I’m excited and at the same time terrified.  All the “what if’s” are starting to play in my head, and I just have to remind myself that nothing is set in stone.  True, the child we are hosting MAY become a future member of the family, or may not.  It is so hard because there are no guarantees, the child may be adopted into another family, and we have to accept that.  She may not like us, or just might not want to be adopted. 

I am keeping my fingers crossed, and turning my thoughts to a more positive nature, though somehow the saying I often quote; “Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst,” doesn’t sit well in my heart.   “Let be what will be, and let fate decide the rest,” seems to be better situated in this circumstance, and I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment