Wednesday 6 July 2011

Hosting No Longer...

Oh wow how things change.  It is a shame that this program is still so new in Canada. There are kinks that still need to be worked out, I am not certain of the details but there were issues, I believe, with the Quebec & Ukrainian Government.  I don't know exactly how many families signed up but I'm guessing the number was fewer than 10, maybe less than 5, and a couple of families backed out.  So the program has been cancelled.

We were going to have such fun with our host child.  I had planned trips to Medieval Times, The zoo and visiting local parks, and beaches.  I even purchased a lap harp with Russian /Ukrainian and popular North American folksongs music books just for her to take back to the Ukraine. 

We can deal with the disappointment of having our plans cancel, but my heart goes out to the children who thought they were coming to Canada for a few weeks.  It is such a shame for a child who has so little to be given the chance of a seeing another part of the world only to have it snatch away.  Life isn't fair, it really isn't.  At least I can do my best to be fair, and make the world a better place for those who cross my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment