Thursday 14 July 2011

Homestudy Almost Ready...

There is a butt load of papers ready to be handed in: from refence letters to the pets booster shots.  Today's focus is going to be going over the check list, and printing off my RAD reading list.  Adopting an older child isn't going to be easy, and there are a lot of hoops that I may need to jump through.  Despite the fact that I've read up on RAD and am following two blogs about some terrific parents who are raising kids with RAD, I can only hope that The Powers That Be will see that an older child is a good fit for our family. 

I've tried to do as much as I can to prepare for this.  I'm learning the language, am getting aquainted with the Ukrianian community, read up thoroughly on RAD, and other adoption books. I know being a parent isn't easy, and adopting is going to have it's own set of challenges.  I wish I could say I am prepared, Heaven only knows how prepared any prospective parent can be despite the thousands of books out there.  At least I am not going through this with rose coloured glasses on. 

I'm just waiting on my tutor's reference letter, and for our adoption practitioner to get back to us so we can set up some appointments. (Unless of course I've missed some thing on the checklist :P  )

No comments:

Post a Comment