Tuesday 19 April 2011

Time Out For Mom...

It’s hard to come up with something to post when it feels like my head is spinning.  The organization process is a struggle, though the filing is the easy part.  I’ve done the master list for what needs to happen now, but how about a list for every single ball I’m juggling, because it feels like life is going to come crashing down. 

I don’t like to complain, and hate the poor me card.  Everyone has challenges in life, there are no exceptions.  It’s just been insanely busy and I have my head spinning and the funny thing is the adoption part seems to be the one part of my life I have control over.

We’ve had our two youngest boys accessed for their learning disabilities and we thought this was over and done for the time being, only to discover that my middle son needs to be tested again, so that means more appoints for Preston.  (I know he will be thrilled!)

I’ve been diagnosed with diabetes, and am struggling to get my blood sugar under control.  It could be going better, but it is a three week wait until I can get into the clinic.  (If I don’t hear from them this week I’ll drop into the Canadian diabetes clinic, I know Dale mentioned it to me already but I forgot until just now.)  I’ve already changed my eating habits and am going for walks, with some biking in between.  So far I’ve lost three pounds. 

I’m planning for a garage sale in June, ~ I may switch it up to May, due to the house being crammed with belongs, and I don’t think Dale can last that long in the mayhem.

Cyrus has Lacrosse starting this week, and it turns out my after school daycare kid is on the same team, so that works out very well. 

And I have appts, the good news is I don’t have to see the Optometrist for another year.  I still have 2 IPRC meetings to go to for Preston and Alex.

Then on top of all this it is the household chores which are sliding in a downward spiral.  I think this is what gets me down the most.  I need to have the kids do more, because I think I am starting to burn out just a little.  I don’t like to yell at them, but seriously, why is so hard for them to put their wrappers in the garbage can?

Now as I pause and read over everything I've written, one thing comes out clear.  I need to take better care of me, not just the diabetes, but me.  I’m writing this when my eyes are still sensitive from eye drops the optomertrist put in.  I have a slight ache in my head, and why? Because I am not stopping, I not taking that moment when I say, "this is my time."  Do I have that lurxury?  Maybe not as much as I’d like. The vaccuming needs to be done still.  Cyrus needs to get his lacrosse gear.  But I can spare twenty minutes, and shut my door and rest my eyes.  So that is what I am going to do.  I shall put my needs first, and everyone and everything can wait...At least for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment