Saturday 31 December 2011

Wishing Everyone A Happy New Year!

2011 was an amazing year! New connections were forged, some were lost, but all and all, it has been a blast. 

I had my first short story about a garden fairy and a gargoyle king called "Killing Kindness" published in "Shelter of Daylight."  I have to acknowledge Tyree Campbell who is the editor of Aoife's Kiss who has accepted almost all my poems that I have submitted and has given me a firm belief that I do have talent!  THANK YOU!

Currently I'm working on a Novel series, I have several started, but after writting about half way through them I've learned I needed to go further into the history, so having three half finished novels, with brief outlines on a few others I found the start of the series. Which seems to be flying now that I've set a word goal of 5000 words a week (with some exceptions coming into play).

I've enjoy the time I've spent with my sisters and friends, and I always look forward to hosting potluck Friday nights.  My kids are growing up and are happy, Alex has started working a McDonalds and is such a hard worker.  He has a girlfriend whom he seems to adore and she him.  Preston has friends this year and I'm hoping this year we can have a party with him.  Cyrus is my Prince Charming, the one who always watches out for me in the way that little boys do.  His smile is quick, and his is my darling.

I've rediscovered my love of fishing, and have often taken the boys out over the summer.  I'll even confess that I'm seriously considering ice fishing this winter.     

Life with Dale continues to be amazing, he is my sun and touches every aspect of my life with such wonder.  He is my best friend, and I love him more with each passing day. 

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the coming new year will bring new friends, new experiences and most importantly that we will have a daughter to call our own. 

I wish you all well and hope that the coming New Year will bring many joys to you life.

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment