Thursday 10 November 2011

Adopting Internationally with a child in tow.

I've heard or rather read about families who have done this.  Personally, we would love to take the whole family with another adult in tow.  However, we are not rich people.  Dale being away hunting has been hard on our youngest child.  He is extremely sentistive and worries a lot.  I suppose my car accident two years ago really struck a chord with how fragile life can be. 

We weren't planning on taking any of our children, but I think it would be best if we brought Cyrus along with us. The others are teenagers and they'll probably have a blast without us.  (Don't worry we have trusted adults who will be filling in the role of caretaker while we are going through this).

I'll need to read up again of tricks and tips to entertain when travelling with kids.  The Complete Guide to International Adoption had a whole chapter on how to deal/entertain kids.  I'm looking forward to reading it again. 

On a side note I purchase a grief box today for our daughter.  Winners has some lovely cardboard boxes shaped like treasure chests done up in pretty paper.  I picked up one that is covered in butterflies.  I thought it would be fitting since butterflies are a symbol of change, and stating the obvious "adoption is change."

No comments:

Post a Comment